Officer of the Navy, Guard of the Kingdom of Naples. (1811-1815)
The regiment of the Royal Navy Guard of Naples, consisting of one battalion, was created October 25th 1806 by Joseph Bonaparte, King of Naples. Joseph, as well as the French Imperial Guard or the Kingdom of Italy, would also have to Naples this department, the symbol of naval power of his kingdom, even if most of the ships had followed Ferdinand IV in Sicily. When Joachim Murat becomes king of Naples in September 1808, with the taking of Capri, reinforces the credibility of the new Neapolitan navy.
In 1811, during the reform of the uniforms of the armed forces Neapolitan, sailors take the new uniform with all the details the same as those of grenadiers except where otherwise specified: Berrettoni Cordellina and plume with red, dark blue coat with collar, lapels of the chest, paramani and implications to code red (all with no edges), profiles of red pockets, cuffs patte of dark blue, yellow buttons. The collar was carrying two bands gallon yellow lapels and buttons of the chest, and the pockets of patte paramani had each gallon yellow bands with eyelets. Epaulettes rosse.Il battalion escorting the king at sea for each type of displacement. In 1812, 186 men were employed by the division napoletana in Russia as part of the 33rd division of the body of Marshal Augereau, commanded by Lieutenant General Destrees. In 1813, the division was assigned to the defense of Danzig. In 1814, participated also in the campaign against the Kingdom of Italy and France.
Sculpted by Maurizio Bruno
Historical research by Patrice Raynaud
Translation by Giuseppe Marseglia